Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, March 02, 2009

Blue Monday

I am running late on my Blue Monday over at Smiling Sally. I will not be able to do the Simple Woman's Day Book today but hope to be back next week.
My picture of something blue this week is my Beautiful Lone Star Quilt. That I and my Husband picked up while in Bird-in Hand, PA. I had wanted a handmade Amish quilt but didn't want to get it from a store or a go between, who would charge twice as much and the Lady who made it wouldn't get the full amount. The second day we were in BIH we were riding around looking at the beautiful country and neat pasures and fields, we pasted a Beautiful white house with a long picket fence that had a sign saying hand made quilts for sale. We stopped and went in and I was
amazed at all the beautiful quilts. Here is the one I picked out.



For more Blue Monday Posts please visit Smiling Sally by clicking here.

5 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. And how nice that you bought it direct from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked a real beauty! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and a pretty memory to go along with it too~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well of course, living in Texas, I'm very partial to the Lone Star Quilt pattern...LOL...what a lovely quilt. I didn't even know that about the go-betweens up there getting a cut of the profits, I'm so glad you could buy directly from the quilter!

    Hope you are well? You were under the weather I think....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny that you posted this because my husband and I were just talking tonight about how we'd love to see PA and the Amish country. I also mentioned about loving to see all of the beautiful handmade quilts! Great minds think alike!

    Your quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..