Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Saturday, March 14, 2009

More of junkin' trip

When Dean and I finally got over the pink truck...lol...see my Pink Sat. post. We went to a Hugh store called Main Street Flea Market and I did find a few items that I need to make some more candy dishes and candle holders, everyone I know wants one and wants me to do them.
These bowls were 2.00 for the lg one and .25 each or the other ones.
I already have about 8 candle sticks different sizes and styles. But couldn't resist these. And they were 1/2 price. The pair of big ones was 2.50 and the green pair was .75 the little ones in back were .25 each. Soooo....6 bases for 3 .50 averages .60 each.
I found this cute pair of pink bowls (they are more pink than they look) for $1.25 a pair, these will go into my (tiny dish collection) no glue for them.

How this little blue beauty will definantly go in to my dish collection, it is so cute, If you can't make out what it says, in the bottom is old Mother Goose and her Goose and round the side etched.. is The words little miss muffet and her picture with the spider over her head, 3 blind mice and little Bo Peep with her sheep. Wish I could have gotten better picture, just couldn't get it to show up no matter what I set it on.

Also found this cute wooden box, I plan on redoing it to go in my bath room on the back of the commode to hold hand towels. The price tag says 6.95, but now you know better than that...lol..after I batted my BIG brown eyes and shedding a few tears and he pitiful accused me of robbing him he let me have it for $2.00..I can do that. He doesn't know I'd proably paid the $6.95 as bad as I wanted it....lol..but that's the fun of bargain hunting....


Last is a cute little triangle shaped dish with a gold D on the front that Dean bought and a candlestick to make her a dish to go in her bathroom to put sweet smelling crystals in..Her hubby's name is Donald, so it fits both of them....

Ok now we're on our way out of the store both happy and I'm sure the little feller in the store won't soon forget us...ROFLMBBO...Bless his heart. Headed down the street to Antique Mall #2...Hope they are prepared for us.

More to come

8 comments:

  1. Hi Molly,

    You gathered up some nice things. Whate kind of glue do you use? Have a great weekend. Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. Sounds like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot...the way you describe it, we're right there with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beauties you have there. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Thank you also for stopping by my blog. I always enjoy hearing from my dear readers.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially Love the blue and pink ones!

    I cannot bargain for anything ... i would be their favorite customer LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really a good wheeler dealer! I should take you with me when I go. I don't seem to have that look that breaks them down!

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to go to mama's and see her new bathroom candle holder. Sounds like you two always have a great time... ever consider taking the "niece/daughter" along???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. THOSE TINY PINK BOWLS are the cutest things! And the Bo Peep set...well, ALL of it, can't wait to see what you do with the wooden box, maybe you will paint one of your pretty scenes on it?

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..