Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On the road again...

On the road again..I just can't wait to get on-n-n the road again...lalala...ok, ok, so I can't sing, giggle...but I'm just so excited, I can't control myself....lalalala....my Sis and I are hitting the road again for another road trip. This time we're headed just south west of the MS line into LA. We're going to Jackson, LA. and on to where Angola Prison is located. I have a first Cousin, on my Daddy's side that is a former Warden at Angola, probably should have been in there ..... He is a mess it was 4 of those Travis boys, their Daddy was Sheriff of Jackson, for 20 yrs. I think, back in the 40-60. I swear I don't know how he managed to not lock his own sons up...lol...they were so bad and full of Mischief. They used to take their dad's patrol car and drive out to the local lovers lane and flash that big light in the cars and turn on the sirens just to watch everyone tear out of there. Johnny the oldest is Dean's age and George was my age, Billy and Gene were a couple of years younger. Of course dean and I though we were boys half the time, anything they could do we could do better...lol...Their Mom was my Daddy's sister. My daddy was a twin, it was Otis and Hollis, but first it was Aunt Janie the oldest and only single birth my Granny Dean had. She died young , so I never knew her. So there was 3 counting Aunt Janie, Daddy and his Twin, then Granny lost another little girl. Then came the baby or shall we say babies, count them 1, 2, 3. Aunt Qunnie, Uncle Quin and my Favorite Uncle of all Uncle Quitman. My poor Granny had 6 children under the age of 3 1/2. No wonder she died young.... Poor thing.........twins and triplets......
But I digress Sis and I are going to visit the Town that we spent several summers in. Even though Mom and Dad were divorced His sisters never blamed Mom and we remained close to them. Uncle Quitman married a German girl from New Orleans and they never had any Children so he more or less adopted me. I loved him to death. He and Aunt Freddie would have adopted me in a heart beat, but Momma wasn't having any part of it..
Aunt Quinnie pasted away 4 yrs ago, she was the last sibling living. But we want to go back and see how the town has changed and visit with George for a little while, he is now retired.. Johnny is in Alaska and Gene is a Guard at the prison. Billy didn't make it home from Vietnam.
We will take pictures and do a little TS hopping along the way. Will be back tonight with pictures.
Y'all have a Blessed day.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip and how nice to have a sister to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have A Fabulous Day Molly!
    Be Safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent and Katie met in Jackson when they were both students at Reformed Theological Seminary. Our grandson Walker was born there. They are now in Annapolis, Maryland. Brent is finishing a master of liberal arts degree at St. John's College. He wants to teach in a classical school. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your day is super-fun, and you get to do and see all you would like to! Many Smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a grand day! Can't wait to see the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't send off to a book publisher and get your writings published, I WILL!!!

    I love how and what you write.

    Please be careful on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Penniwig...there's a book here with all the material, just from family history!
    Such a hoot....you two roadies have a great day together. Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! I agree with the Comments above...you should write a book about all your stories and adventures!!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time with your sister. Looking forward to hear all about your trip. Blessings, Esther

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..