Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A little sad commentary about today's movies....

Has anyone else noticed how vulgar the movies of today have gotten. DH and I don't watch much TV. Mostly DH watches Fox News, Hunting Channel or RFD TV. And I paint or blog. Well a week ago I got a letter from Direct TV saying that since we had been a "loyal customer" for 10 yrs, they were going to give us Show Time free for 3 mos. OK, since we have it free why not take a look and see what's on. We did watch a movie Sunday Evening, called 3:10 to Yuma, it was pretty good, a lot of fighting but I can handle that, after all I raised 3 boys...lol...DH liked it. But tonight we turned to a movie and the listing said it was a Comedy, it had Robert De Nero in it. Should have know better to watch it...Well the first 3 mins. I counted the F--- word 14 times. We turned it real quick, I'm no prude and I have lived in the real world, but this just makes me sick, our kids watch this junk...it was, according to the preview about a man who'd , had a stoke and had to take singing lessons from his gay neighbor, to build his lungs and get his speech back. F---- wasn't the only word thrown around in that 3 mins, we watched, the language was plain raunchy. DH is now watching the RFD channel and I'm on the net.
Just wondered if anyone else felt the same way I do.
Talk to y'all later.

8 comments:

  1. Yes Yes and Yes...Which is why we watch The Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, History Channel or no tv at all. Its crazy these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sign we are passing on the mantle to the next generation LOL. I feel just like you do Molly, so much TRASH. So few shows I enjoy. But, I imagine our parents felt much the same when they were exposed to Mash and Dynasty after Father knows best and Doris Day movies.
    Yes, a lot of raunch .... but, if you can stand to sift through some roughness, there is more truth mixed in with that trash out there than ever before.

    Longing for the good old days? ... ever re-watch those 50's sitcoms and movies. Women were mistreated idiots ... minorities were invisible ... plots were sophmoric. And then the 60's gave us Laugh In ... Batman ... Get Smart and Alvin the Chipmunk.
    Guess every generation produces it's share of crap.alkin'

    Nice talkin' to you :)

    Terry S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand t.v. shows and movies for that very reason. I normally watch HGTV or the Food network. But Even Paula Deen (who I like her recipes and old shows) get pretty raunchy during her night time "Paula's Party" show. What do sexual innuendos have to do with food!?!

    All of this is just too much! Thank GOD for the off button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just hate it...I won't watch movies like that also...I spend my time blogging it it too bad...I also know the words...but don't feel we have to use them to speak with..great post girl...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly I turned off the TV and stopped going to movies I guess 30 years ago or so...just didn't like either one...it all seemed so fake and strange to me...I can't even imagine how much worse it is now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on this one darlin'. The shows have sexual inuendos all the time, there has to be a homosexual on each show for equal rights, it just makes me sick. My kids deserve better. It isn't entertainment anymore. Maybe that is why on cable they will show the classics of sitcoms, etc. because they are the tried and true and your whole family can watch and be entertained too!
    hugs, angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stick with the old Andy Griffith Reruns - safer and better morals. I agree with you completely on your posting - I too, get very tired of the rotten words. They try to make movies more 'true to life', but I, for one, would like to escape the 'true-isms' for a change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. I almost always watch HGTV, DIY Network, or the Discovery Channel to the exclusion of everything else. Some of the shows that I've seen, like Criminal Minds, would be OK for a who done it show, but it has turned into slasher shows with really grusome torture scenes that I just can't handle. Miss Marple where are you?

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..