Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Pink Saturday

My friend Beverly of How Sweet The Sound is hosting a PINK SATURDAY. Be sure and check out all the other pretty pink items over at her blog...
My picture this week doesn't have alot of pink in it but, it does have a little..In 1984, I had a pair of iron sewing machine legs and wanted to make a table out of it, so DH cut and routed a top for it, well that wasn't enough so I found a pretty pattern that I loved and transfered it to my table top. Now I have to say this was the hardest thing I ever did...lol...I was determed to do it my way and not follow directions, I want to see if I could paint on my own..(I could) I was too impatient to follow directions. It took me 3 weeks to do this one, I had a headache every day, turns out I need glasses and didn't know it. And the straining didn't help....

Be sure and check out the other Pink Sat. pics.

18 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job painting the table!! Happy Pink Saturday

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful thing turned out! it was worth all the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute that I'd guess it was worth the sacrifice. Thanks for sharing; Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pinkies today! Thanks so much for sharing. Pink Saturday is always so much fun for me. You get to know the bloggers and also get so many great ideas for your home and for your he♥rt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes ma'am, you can paint! I hope to have time for such soon. I really like your table. Great job!

    God Bless,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was your first time painting?! BRAVA!

    hApPy PiNk SaTuRdAy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pretty pink dress on the goose girl you painted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the table. I am not sure that I could have done it. Three days sounds reasonable. Great job!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am Elizabeth Bennett...

    I love your table. What fun! I started to read your story from above but felt a little bit lost as I have not visited your blog before. Do you write as well as paint?

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Erin :)

    http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/fairiemoon/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet table. Happy Pink Saturday.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a precious little table, and I enjoyed reading your story, too!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beauty Molly ... amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Pink Saturday, Molly.

    I love what you've done with this. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job painting. Happy Pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Molly,
    the table is beautiful but I so enjoyed your story. You have an enchanting way of telling it. I felt as if I could taste that pink candy as well!

    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday!
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Pink Saturday! The table is lovely, what a wonderful painting job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Pink Saturday! I finally found your blog... and I totally adore the tabletop you painted. It was well worth it, and well done you for not giving up entirely (I think I would have). Thanks so much for your welcome comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..