Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Friday, March 06, 2009

A great Lady, Artist and my dear friend....

Trish McMurry
I want to introduce you to a dear friend that I met on line when I joined an art group 3 yrs ago . We became instant friends, she was my type of people and we hit it off from the start. I had the pleasure of her spending 2 days with me in May of 2007 when she passed this way to pick me up for a trip to meet some of the other ladies from our group, in Talidaga, AL. We were both hoarse before we got there and couldn't talk by the time we got back to my house. LOL...she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. What you see is what you get no put on or fakeness here at all. I was also very fortunate to spend the day with her at her home in Oct. of 2007, when my Hubby and I vacationed in Harrison, Arkansas. We made arrangements to spend the day and we both enjoyed her friendly hospitality. Let me tell you this woman can cook a mean pot of White beans with wild hog hock in it. I ate till I made myself ashamed.
Trish lives on a farm on Blue Ridge, in the beautiful hills of the Ozark Mountains in southwest Missouri. She is a great Christian lady. She's been drawing and painting almost all her life. Over the years she has worked in pencil, watercolor, oils, pastels and acrylics. Most of her art work is realism. She does her own patterns, and has sold patterns for awhile,.... all my Rooster and Chicken items where painted using her patterns, ....and if you asked I'm sure she will still have some available. She had to close her web site but still sales on Ebay She likes painting on many different surfaces, especially vintage items. Check out her Ebay items...
Here are a few of her paintings...


And here are some I am fortunate enough to own...

This is a metal tray that could be used but I prefer to keep it as art work. Brings back memories of the old days when you get hot you run jump in the creek...lol

These 2 were bought for my Dear Hubby cause he remembers his Daddy plowing with a mule and loved Trish's work. The one with the Gentleman shoeing the mule was a sketch she did to do a painting by, when she did this in 1971 the Gentleman was in his 80's I believe Trish said and his Daughter wanted a painting done to hang in her home.

I bought this one for me, because they look just like the pair my Grandaddy had when he hauled freight by Mule team.
I hope you enjoyed meeting Trish, check her work out and to learn more about this fine lady check out her ME page on Ebay.

8 comments:

  1. How special that you got to meet her. I have some special friends that I've met online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures she created - and so great you became friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described her so well to us that now I feel as if we know her too!
    Those pictures are really something!
    Love the skinny dipper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure did enjoy meeting your friend Trish. What an artist! Her works speaks volumes. It's kind of rare to find an artist who not only has the excellent ideas for subjects, but the artistic ability to actually depict it beautifully. I sure do love those mule drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell we are related... I like to change the look of my sites and blogs too. I never know what yours is going to look like.. it's nice though, I like it. The old pic of B'haven has me totally lost... can't get my bearings on where it is. It was a little before my time.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly, she has an outstanding talent. I will try to visit her etsy shop this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know about this artist ... but now she seems real to me .... thanks Molly

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..