Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy, happy, happy......

First I have to say, Sis and I didn't make it to Jackson, LA. I was hoping to make it, but I stayed up late, almost 2:30.... baking fresh cinnamon rolls and my bread last night, so unfortunately I over slept. When I got to Sis's I wasn't really feeling too good, so we decided to head to McComb and do a little Thrift Store and Flea Market hopping.
I am here to tell you all things happen for a reason and I didn't know the reason we didn't make it to Jackson untill our last stop at the Out Reach Ministries in McComb. We had already shopped till I was ready to drop and I started not to stop at this store...I was hurting from head to toe, but Dean pushed me into it...I walked in, looked around a little, found that they were extremely proud of their stuff and a LITTLE high on their prices so I started to walk out when, a still little voice whispered "look down, look down" and there in a glass case with it's little bowl nose pressed up against the case, with that please take me home look on it's swet little face was a Hall's bowl that I had been looking for ..oh my,......I asked the Lady "how much for the bowl," I figured it would be outrageous as everything else in there....$30.00 she said. I'm so glad Dean was standing behind me or I'd hit the floor...."would you like to look at it" she says.. cool as a cucumber I said, "I guess so, won't hurt", all the while telling myself, "be cool, be cool" Once I got it in my grubby little hands, I knew she wasn't getting it back...lol...my bowl and I sang all the way to the car....I had the small and medium bowl but couldn't find the large one.....so I was headed home to reunite my new baby with his smaller brothers..... We'll make it to Jackson, one day.





Aren't they beautiful, at last a full 3 piece stackable set.
I will tell y'all all about our trip and the other items I bought, have some great pictures, but one set will have to wait till Sat. for me to show you....but right now I am extremely tired and need to take my meds and go to bed.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have the complete set, Molly. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feeling to find somthing you ahve been look for!! I am so happy for you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting .... and a laugh aloud story too. So glad your bowls found the rest of the family :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that bowl ended up in your "grubby little hands" Molly...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bowls with the roses on them! Great find! Thank you for the comment on my Wordless Wednesday. The little boy in the picture is my son when he was three. His best friend at the time was this sweet little neighbor girl. My son is all grown up now and serving our country in the Air Force.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..