Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book

FOR TODAY Monday 3/16/2009
Outside my window...The rain is still misting down, the pasture has turned a bright beautiful green, my Wisteria is starting to bloom, and the cows are huddle together in the little pine thicket in the corner of the pasture.

I am thinking...I sure hope it is clear for our trip to Hattiesburg tomorrow. And hope the Dr is finally able to be there. I’m tired of feeling tired all the time.

I am thankful for. The rain, it brings much needed water to be stored in the earth for the up coming long hot summer

From the kitchen...for breakfast it’s hot coffee, peanut butter rolls. For supper a large pot of home made ham and veggie soup (made from ham I baked last week) corn bread and tea.
I am wearing….pink night shirt…..

I am going…to keep my little Marissa for the rest of the week, It’s Spring Break and they will bring her down this evening. We will have a ball.

I am creating...I am finishing up a pair of red work pillow cases. And plan to paint a breadbox, I feel the need to try to paint a little and maybe finish the chair I started 2 months ago.

I am reading...nothing, I’m not much of a reader, I enjoy reading history but can’t sit still or concentrate long enough to read a full book.

I am hoping...Things continue smooth this week like they did last week, I hope my Grands have a good time at Disney world and that Connor keeps feeling well enough to enjoy it. That Marissa enjoys her stay with Granny this week.

I am hearing...The silence of my house while everyone is still sleeping. And silence on the highway, no school so no cars whizzing by rushing to the College.

Around the house...clothes need washing, floors need sweeping as usual, need to get the kitchen mopped.

One of my favorite things...spending time with my little Girl, we love to paint and do crafts together..

A few plans for the rest of the week: House work today, Keeping Marissa for the week, Going to the Dr. Tues. and just what ever Marissa and I decide to do the rest of the week is fine with me.

A picture thought for the day...
I took this picture on my way to Church yesterday morning, And my throught was, A sign from Above that Spring is on the way....even on a cold dreary day there is hope, a little color and joy to cling to.
Hope you all have a blessed Day and week.
Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries! (Or better yet, do a simple day book entry yourself! )

10 comments:

  1. I hope you and Marissa have a blast Molly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well with you at the doctor tomorrow. It is lovely to see the things in bloom showing that spring is coming at last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by my blog today. Hope to see you there often. Is Marissa your daughter or grand daughter? Either way have a lot of fun with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post today - have a fun, but peaceful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a grand time with Marissa! And good luck at the Doc's. Thank heavens Connor recovered enough to be able to go with them to Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying you have a blessed week my friend!
    I see your "red bud" trees are already sporting their pretty purple buds....ours aren't quite there yet....DH and I were just
    discussing the "red buds" yesterday on our way to church....he said he figured they'd start
    budding out this week with warmer temps in the forecast....the "yella" bushes as DH calls them(Forsythia)are in bloom here now and my hyacinths are trying their best to open up....
    I just love Spring!

    Take Care and thank you so much for the Gumbo recipe!
    We've been gone so much lately....DS hasn't had an oppourtunity to cook it for us yet....
    Oh, but he will!! LOL!!
    Backwoodsprim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinking of you on the road to the Dr. tomorrow -- hope it all goes well at last -- got to get you fixed up and feeling good again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed a peek into your week. Enjoy your time with Marissa this week. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog this week.
    In His love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun with Marissa. I was wondering today when the wisteria would start blooming around here. The redbud is in full bloom, and the dogwood is about ready to burst open. We should have wisteria soon. Just hope we don't get a late freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely red bud tree.
    I hope your family has a fun time at Disney.
    Thanks for visiting in my little space.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..