Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Friday, February 27, 2009

Pink Saturday


My friend Beverly of How Sweet The Sound is hosting a PINK SATURDAY. Be sure and check out all the other pretty pink items over at her blog...
Today for my Pink Sat. I'd love to share a little treasure that belonged to my Mom. It was called, I believe a Butterfly scarf. Or that's what Mom called it. Mom was a very classy lady and even though we didn't have much and she worked to support my sisters and I, she always dressed neat, not expensive but nice. She would dress up a plain white blouse with a beautiful scarf or a pair of flaux pearls. She never spent alot but she sure did look good.
This is a scarf that she purchased at Woolworth or Morgan "N" Linsey. in the early 50's. I don't know what material it is made of, but it is so light and airy. She would take a pretty plain brooch and pin it in the middle of the scarf and then pin it to the top buttom of her blouse at the neck. She has also worn it around her pony tail when she was working and needed her hair out of her face. I now keep it on my dresser in the guest bedroom.
Hope you enjoyed looking at my pink offering and will come back.

16 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday, Molly. I checked my e-mail, and I did receive one from you. I have added you to my post. I apologize, but I got confused with you and the other Molly. I'll be sure to notice next time.

    I love the scarf you have from your mother. And, I especially love your memories of her wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog and such great pinkies that you share with us this Pink Saturday...l♥ve 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. true treasures for our home are those that have been loved by those we love. happy pink week to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - and what wonderful memories it inspires for you. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty scarf and what a wonderful memories it has for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your memory of your Mom and the pretty pink scarf. Have a great weekend, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is truly a gorgeous scarf Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely scarf. Isn't it amazing how we remember the smallest of details about our moms. I remember watching my mom apply mascara that came in one of those push out containers with a little brush that came with it. I believe Mabelline made it. Happy pink Saturday.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so pretty. Anything that reminds of of our mothers is special. We are so blessed to have had loving moms.


    Enjoy the day.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday, and thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    I love the scarf, both for the colours and the happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly, that's such a sweet story about your mom, and how wonderful that you have her pretty scarf as a keepsake. I bet it looked beautiful on her, too. I don't have a lot of my mother's things, but I did keep a few. They remind me so much of her.

    Happy Pink Saturday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the story of your Mom and the scarf. What a wonderful memory to share with us on Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Pretty pinks!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Pretty pinks!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful memories about your Mom! Happy belated Pink day. God bless you, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..