Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vintage Thingie Thursday

It's Thursday and time for Vintage Thingie Thursday again, I'd like to thank Suzanne for hosting this for us.. Visit Suzanne, Coloradolady to see more Vintage Thingies Thursday
Today, I am still feeling under the weather and really only have a couple items to show. I just didn't feel like setting up and taking picture, I had these taken last week for something else and thought well why not use them today for VTT. I believe they could be considered vintage. The first item is a lovely little lady figurine my son brought back to me when he was Stationed in Germany in 1983, that would make this at least 26 yrs old...oh my, It just hit me how long it's been since he was in the Army, that means I'm getting old, and he's not far behind me...lol...
Anyhow, I had asked him to get me a cuckoo clock, but you know 19 yr old boys don't have a clue sometimes. He found this in Italy while on leave and I just fell in love with it. She is so delicate, all white with gold trim and pink dotted lace. Her bussle was full of sweet smelling pellets, of course the smell is gone now. She is 6" tall.
In her hands she is holding a gold tipped rose.
The next item is one that I bought when I first got married in 1961, my first full time job was for Wool Worth, how many of you remember them, The original 5 'N' Dime....I had worked for them all during High School on Sat. and in the evening, so when I got married it was easy to just slip into full time,..lol..I think I spend most of my first few paychecks buying stuff from the store. This little Orange juicer was one of my favorites, I still have it after 48 yrs,

I hope you enjoyed looking at these little treasures that are so special to me. And hopefully next week I will do a better job...lol...
Good night.

21 comments:

  1. Your juicer is so unique, and in beautiful condition. A really special item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your treasures are wonderful..I love the juicer..and I do remember Woolworths and the other 5 and 10 cent stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful treasures you have ! Love your blog . Hope you get to feeling better !
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lady is very pretty but your juicer is hilarious :)I love his smile but his juicer hat is the best! A true collectors item!

    I loved Woolworth. My girlfriend Ellen and I used spend hours there choosing our paper dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so glad you hung onto that juicer, it's a real treasure. I have never seen anything like it. Who knew way back when that it's wasn't just a goofy little juicer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That juicer has got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen a juicer like that! How clever for someone to create such an item - unique appearance! I remember the 5 & Dime stores, too. Woolworth Stores is the one I remember the best, although I know there were others I shopped at. When we were kids and got our allowance, we'd hike over there to see what our pennies could buy. It was a big decision to make a purchase, and I remember having to really think if I wanted that eraser, or maybe I should save for a glass horse figurine! Where does the time go....?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love Vintage Thursdays! What wonderful memories that perfumed lady brought back ... we had one just like it when i was little. I remember being amazed by the magic of her scent :)

    And i had some cute juicers similar to that one too.

    Woolworths was such a grand store ... a veritable emporium! What an adventure to go there.

    No talk about doing better next week .... this was a lovely trip down memory lane :)

    Thanks

    Terry S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are both lovely things to share. I sure hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all these seems beautiful and very cute.I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aah, very fond memories of the wooden floors of our Woolworth. What sweet treasures you have. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember going to Woolworth when I was little, I loved that store..I love your little juicer, that is just too cute. I hope you are feeling better soon. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your juicer. That is so cute!

    Judybug

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, WoolsWorth! I loved that store and miss it still today. Ours had a soda fountain. Your little lady is so charming. Much better than a cuckoo clock, in my opinion. That juicer brought a smile to my face. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally love your vintage juicer! How fun...and oh what I would't do for a stroll once more in Woolworths!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's is a really super juicer, I've only
    seen the clear glass ones. This is a wonderful
    treasure. Thanks for sharing your VTT treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder, are the pellets the lady has in her bustle scented? They almost look like almonds used in wedding favors.

    I adore your juicer! What a fun little treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The figurines are rather pretty but the juicer just totally grabbed my heart. It's wonderful! I remember Woolworth's!
    I'm sorry to hear you are feeling a bit under the weather and wish you ~~get well & stay healthy vibes~~ and big hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable juicer - glad you kept it all these years just to show to us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got married in 1965 and I absolutely remember Woolworths. It was were you got everything for not very much money. The juicer is really cute. You must have taken good care of it.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..