Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A little peek at my redwork and other Info

I have been slowly chunging along on my napkins that I found at the Thrift Store, I finished 2 of the redwork days of the week, Monday and Thursday, And I wanted to keep everyone updated cause if I wait till I finish all of them, to post pictures, you'd probably be wondering what in the world is she talking about..."redwork, what redwork, oh, that's right she did meantion it 2 years ago" lol...cause that's probably how long it will take me to finish them all.
I am quit happy with them, as I said before it has been years since I did any kind of needle work.
I also got the dress for my ugly baby cut out today, but will have to wait to sew it untill I make a run into town. I was mending DH favorite pair of overalls this morning and broke my last sewing machine needle. Aggg, wish he'd just threw them tore up things away, but he loves them, says they are so comfortable.
I have ordered some paints that I need to finish my chair annd when it gets here I will start on the finish work, my favorite part...I do so love to paint....
So stay tuned film at 11:00...lol...

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your redwork. I too am doing the days of the week, just a different pattern. Your work is beautiful!

    HavestHomePrimitives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! You're making great progress!

    Have a great day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely embroidery. Thanks for coming by and entering my give away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really turning out nice!

    I remember patching jeans...needles were always busting. Doesn't sewing (on a machine) make you talk like a pirate? That's why I quit, it got too embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloo! You're getting fast at that redwork! I love redwork and blackwork both...now honey, you have Monday and Thursday done, you stop skipping around and get 'em all done, I want to see them!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love redwork and yours is beautiful.

    and by the way, is that your painting at the bottom of your journal? It's gorgeous!

    smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..