Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spring is on the way, I know, I got proof....

Just wanted to drop a short note to shout to the world that Spring is on the way...yea, I know, I got proof right off my little camera phone...giggle. I had to run over to a friend's house this morning, she lives on the Dairy Farm that she and her husband started 52 yrs ago. She lost her soul mate last Oct. She is an amazing woman: can you believe at age 72 she was on top of a ladder painting her house. Can you imagine.....she is 76 now and is talking about painting her barn.
Anyhow when I drove up this is what greeted me. I didn't have my camera so I grabbed my phone and emailed this picture to myself....
Even with the cloudy sky, isn't this the most beautiful sight, all in bloom and looking so beautiful, this is just a portion of her beds. She said, they planted a few plants in front of the house when they started the farm and every year they just keep coming back and multipling. Yep, Spring is surely on the way.
Have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. People up North need to see those blooms to lift our spirits! Lovely pic. Sounds like your friend is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, indeed! I'd love to meet THAT woman! Great photo - I guess there's hope for the rest of us, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I love spring and summer. What a terrific neighbor you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her jonquils are so pretty, I love their nodding blooms. Hurry, Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for your friend! It's wonderful that she is still able to do what she wants! The flowers are beautiful and a sure promise of Spring! I'm ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful reminder that spring is indeed coming!!!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..