Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, February 02, 2009

FOR TODAY Feb. 2, 2009

Outside my window...
It is a cold cloudy day, I am watching a Woodpecker dig bugs out of a tree in my yard..the Blue Jays and the Redbirds dart from tree to tree and to the feeders, they are so beautiful. On the road in front of my house is a constant stream of cars filled with young kids rushing to make it to classes at our local Community College,
I am thinking..
I always wonder why do they wait till the last minute to try and get there…lol…they need to slow down and enjoy life. They don’t realize how fast it will pass by.
I am thankful for...
My live that I have lived and that I am able to stay at home after many, many years in the rush, rush world.
From the learning rooms...
I am learning quilt
From the kitchen...
Will be fixing fresh cured bacon and scrabbled eggs with home made bread toast for Hubby and I for breakfast. Not sure what will be for supper. Maybe a big pot of collards, (hubby raises his own and just loves them at least once a week) and cornbread with a pork chop, sweet tea…Can you tell I’m from the south?
I am wearing...
Dark blue sweats with a dark blue Richland Rangers Baseball T-shirt and big fluffy white socks
I am creating...
I am working on several items, I am doing squares of redwork for my quilt I am attempting to make. And I am working on a chair that I am painting
I am going...
No where until Thursday when I do my shopping. Unless I decide to go junkin’ with my Sister, that’s what I enjoy about being retired, I don’t have to plan….
I am reading...
I am reading my morning devotional called the coffee break, sent to me each morning
I am hoping...
That my reports from the Dr are good. And that I get to go on my vacation to CO. this year.
I am hearing...
I’m listening to Beulah Land, my favorite song of all.
Around the house...
I am going to straighten up my house, I do everyday, can’t stand clutter, and then I need to wash clothes, and package the meat I bought Sat to go in the freezer, I really love my vac-u-sealer…
One of my favorite things...
Is to spend time each day with my Hubby eating breakfast and discussing the day ahead and the day past.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
I really don’t make a lot of plans, but I plan on working on my chair and also on my redwork for my quilt. I plan on making my bread tomorrow and freezing it for Sunday Dinner.
Here is picture thought I am sharing, it's one of the redwork squares I'm working on...

Please go to the Simplewoman's blog and check out other day book entries. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. I love the look of redwork. Your hands are always so busy Molly. You accomplish so much!
    Love the look of your blog, it's great.
    Good news from the Dr. I hope.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears came to my eyes when reading your post...what a lovely, sweet day, it really touched my heart...guess despite declaring that I like moving all over the place, I surely did suddenly get homesick -- just the word COLLARDS...and what goes with it...that way of life, that culture & climate and all the birds and plants that I've been away from for 30 years now...*SIGH* Dearie hope yer doctor's news is good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and leaving a comment. I enjoyed reading your Daybook, and love the picture you shared. You sound like a very busy lady! I can't stand clutter in my house either, but it's hard to convince my husband and daughter! :o) Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly ... haven't been here in a little while. This is one lovely blog site! Such a sweet pleasure to read your daybook. The Redwork is wonderful! I have been yearning to pick up a piece of needlework again myself ... don't like to paint at night, but needlepoint in my comfy chair might be just right :)

    Terry S. (Jersey Seashore)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the redwork square!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, sounds like you've got your life all together. I know a lot of women would be envious.
    Thanks for sharing your life.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are enjoying your blessings. Now I'm ready to hop on over for some of that bacon with eggs!! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your blog! I pray that your hopes will be realized!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..