Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Thrift store finds and Birthday gift...

Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted by Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville,

It's Vintage Thingie Thursday over at Colorado Lady's place...don't forget to go by and tell Suzanne how much you appreciate her sponsoring it for us...
I have had my little Rissa staying with me since last Thurs. night and she went home last night. I really miss her when she leaves but also need a little me time. So I got up this morning fixed DH's breakfast made a list for Wally World and headed out, of course we know where I went first...yea you got it...my favorite Thrift Store
Since it is Weds most of their stuff is 1/2 off. I found several neat items
I found this brand new picture frame that will be put back as a Birthday gift for a special lady who loves picture frames..it is the cutest thing, the back opens up to revel a small photo album...and it only cost $4.00
The photo album slides down so you can add a picture to the frame and it can also hang on the wall or sit on a shelf or table.
Isn't this the cutest little bird feeder and it only cost $1.00. It will look so cute hanging on my pump house wall with my other little bird feeders


I Also found these sweet little soup cups for $1.00 for both...I love to drink my soup and love chickens so what a great find.
Isn't this the neatest candle holder. I love the little lever on the side that raises the candle up and down and I really like the patina on this one...I believe this is a vintage candle holder, and I just love it.

17 comments:

  1. Good Evening Sweet Molly...
    I love your wonderful Thrift Store finds. The little bird feeder is so adorable. Love it. I also love the candle holder. Now how cute is that? I have never seen one that has the knob that you turn, and raises the candle for you. Who would have thought? I love it.

    The mugs are a find too. I also love to drink my soup. I think it stems back to when I was a child and we were told to clean our bowls. We would sip the lat drop so that we would get our desert. It has stuck with me all these years.

    Some lucky lady is going to get a beautiful photo albumn along with the frame. Is that cute or what? Love it.

    Thanks for sharing. I so love it when you do.

    Stop back by soon. I love to see you come. You are a jewel my friend. Country hugs and much lvoe...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and old candle holder. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Molly. I'm not sure but I think your candle holder might be a "courting" candle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did very well on your trip to the Thrift store. I guess I do not know what to look for as I never seem to find good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken soup cup is perfect. I also love the cat holding the birdies welcome sign. Too cute. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chicken soup cup - great finds! You lucked out with your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that candle holder might be what is called a "courting candle". If that is what it is for sure a courting candle was used many many years ago when gentlemen callers came a courting the young ladies. The father or mother would set the height of the candle to a desired height and when it burned down to that point the gentleman caller had to go home. His visit was over.

    Now I could very well be wrong, but that's the first thing I thought when I seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds. 1/2 off, woo hoo. I like that vintage candle holder too! Great for a day when you lose power.

    I don't know about ya'll, but living out in the country, we use to lose power everytime the wind blew hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the best thrift store! And half off too, man I love it on days like this!! Have a great VTT! Your friend will love her new frame, that is really a neat piece....and the little candle holder is just so sweet! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure found alot of goodies on your way to Wally World! My favorite is the chicken cups. Anything with a chicken or rooster catches my eye1
    Happy VTT!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. What excellent finds Molly! I love the little soup cups! Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Molly! Welcome! I LOVE your rooster soup mug. You got lots of good goodies! So very creative! Thanks for sharing today. Thank you also for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!
    ~Hugs~
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, sometimes I get mad at Midland. We have ZIP here. Just too recent a city and these people have the poorest sense of junkin' I've ever seen, why, they do not respect the fine art and durable sport of JUNKIN' at all...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds Molly! I've been seeing alot of soup bowls around lately and have thought of picking up a few myself. They'd sure come in handy right about now. We're eating alot of soup these days with the chilly weather.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..