Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Did she or didn't she? what did she do...

 Last week, I did a post on my new project and told you I'd show you the finished painting this week, you can read about it here 
This is where we left it....
  Ok, well here it is, did anybody guess what I ended up putting in the apron? Ahhh, some got close but didn't really guess it. I started out with one item, eggs,
  I just loved the way the light glistened on this one..it reminded me of stars on the water...oh, back to the subject at hand...
but didn't think it was bright enough so, here it is..baby Geese... you be the judge.....did I do right changing it?
 DH is going to make me a frame and then I'll hang it......
I am posting this on D Dzines....where DeeDee is hosting Art work Friday.

12 comments:

  1. What a precious painting, Molly. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... you are truly talented, my friend.

    Stay safe and enjoy the snow tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the goslings are just the thing. Such a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!! A little child's fascination with even smaller creatures is a blessing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet little baby geese! Perfect choice for the apron!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the baby geese, but the eggs were pretty too. I think it is hard to get white to look really white. My teacher might suggest that you put more yellow in the eggs, then let it dry and then add a spot of pure white with just a tiny bit of blue. The yellow of the ducklings makes a good focal point, so I think your change is nice. However, in reality, I'd be worried about that mad momma goose! Very nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful! Now the little girl doesn't look like she's crying anymore!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful painting...and awesome talent!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. The goslings are so cute and really set the emotion of the whole scene. Wonder and a little thrill at peeking at them. Such a sweet painting. Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the baby geese and you ARE TALENTED! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the baby geese too. Fun to see your thought process.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, so I thought it was baby chicks, not a bad imagination if I say so myself.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..