Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Art Work Friday

It's time again to head over to D Dzines....where DeeDee is hosting Art work Friday.
Today I am showing a chair that I did a couple of years ago. I had all of the pictures of the step by step process....but I'm afraid I lost them when I lost my pictures a couple of weeks ago. So I will just have to show you the finished product. I started out with just a plain old wooden chair that had belonged to my MIL. I painted it black and used a pattern from a magazine...I don't remember the artist, but as usual I changed the pattern to fit my taste...
I just remebered I did a post about starting this project you can read about it here
I like the way the pattern on the bottom looks like old leather
I distressed it to look old....

6 comments:

  1. Molly,
    I so enjoy seeing your beautiful art work each week! This chair is so sweet! I thought it was leather on the bottom of the chair... had me fooled! Thank you for sharing...
    dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I almost forgot to tell you how much I love your little squirrel on your header, the little guy make me LOL!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she loves it in that neat chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, how beautiful! Very authentically old-looking, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! You amaze me with your detail in such a tiny area! I love the country scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly - you have some great talents! Love the chair. And it's your little dolls home. Cute. sandie

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..