Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Friday, February 05, 2010

My new art work for myself

I am so tired of the rain...and cold weather, I know, I know, I shouldn't complain and should be happy that we are not in a drought, but being shut up in a house all day makes me crazy. Well at least, crazier than I already am. I admit I'm as crazy as a loon and oh so happy that way...lol..
Anyhow all this house time has got me thinking redecoration, I'm sick of how old and doddy my living room looks. I don't think there is a thing in it I like.  Nothing, Nada, zip. I tried talking DH into letting me get rid of that old couch and buying a new one with match end tables, but so far no luck. So, I decided to start by taking all my pictures down and rearranging them in a more coherent order. And of course storing half of them. I also decided to make an art wall with just my art work on it. And I am painting a new piece to put up. But since I didn't get it finished in time for Artful Friday, I'm going to show you what I've done so far, remember that it will look totally different when it is finished.
DH picked out the picture. He loves vintage pictures
Hummm wonder what she will be holding in her apron...apples, eggs, biddies, kittens...it could be anything?
  I am posting this on D Dzines....where DeeDee is hosting Art work Friday.

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute painting... and the suspense! Can't wait to see what she's holding!

    I'm with you on the cabin fever. My house is cluttered and beginning to look dated in the 80s. I sorted through some old family photos and realized that is probably because a lot of the draperies are actually that old. Spring is coming and I will find a project or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is lovely! Very sweet! Can't wait to see what you've done in your living room! Maybe I'll get some inspiration-I'm also feeling that re-do itch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that she has baby chicks in her apron. Lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely painting, Molly. Can't wait to see it when it is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I happen to know you are excellent at painting cats, so maybe she will be holding some barn kittens. Or, since you have a definite gift for our feathered friends, maybe some chicks. I wonder! But since you're a barefoot country gal, it might even end up a cottontail or two in there!

    Molly, I know you're brave, but please, no baby gators, no crawdads in that apron...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly,
    I looking forward to seeing what she is holding as well! You have such a talent for capturing expressions and faces on your work! I would hanker a bet that you don't even have to use photos or models for that, what talent! We are getting set for a big snow storm here (maybe up to 8 inches which is alot for us). After I finish my First Aid Online class... I hope to work on some more sheep! Once again, beautiful work!... Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I could have written the first part of this post - the rain and cold is making me so crazy! And I really want new living room furniture.

    I love the picture. You are so talented. I think it's chicks in the apron.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a sweet, sweet painting Molly. How nice to be so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first view I thought the little girl was crying! Then I had a better look!!! Gotta be baby chicks in there!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eggs, maybe gathered eggs!? Molly a sweet picture...you're a talented gal, even being half crazed with cabin fever. We're having a blizzard today and tonight...be thankful for rain!!! Hugs, and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm coming over from DeeDee's art party. That's a lovely picture! I love the colors and your painting technique...very sweet! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's Rocking !!! The Post is Too much Interesting.


    nj child support

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it's got to be something cute and cuddley!

    Sounds like you've got a lot of work in store for you.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..