Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, February 08, 2010

Start the week with a smile....

Oh dear, hope this never happens to me...lol...
 
An elderly senior couple was invited to an old friend’s home
for dinner one evening.
 
The friend was impressed by the way her
lady friend preceded every request to her husband with
endearing terms such  as: Honey,  My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc.
 
The  couple had been married almost 70 years and, clearly, they were
 still very much in love.
 
While the husband was in the
living room, her lady friend leaned over to her host to say,
'I think it's wonderful that, after all these years,
you still call your husband all those loving pet
names'..
 
The elderly lady hung her head. 'I have to
tell you the truth,' she said, 'His name slipped my
mind about 10 years ago, and I'm scared to death
to ask the cranky old fart what his name  is!"

9 comments:

  1. Oh Molly Sweetie,
    I am laughing, laughing, laughing. I almost fell out of my chair. How cute is this? It is almost possibly true you know? I have to remind my husband many times a day of many things. We laugh a lot.

    Thank you for the whimsical laugh this morning. I love it. Will you be my Valentine?

    Country hugs and so much love. Your Valentine, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting Monday out with a laugh.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Molly...
    Thank you so much for that much needed laugh. I have been feeling so bad this morning, but the outburst of laughing at your story has helped immensly. Thank you,thank you..have a gorgeous day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, I hope that never happens to me either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what a great way to start a Monday morning or week. I hope you put sense of humor on your list! I've got an old fart here myself - and it is not me - lol. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Molly... thanks for todays laugh!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny. I can relate to her forgetfullness, although, so far, I have never forgotten my hubby's name. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..