Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday


It's Thursday again so that means it Vintage thingies Thurs. over at ColoradaLady's I love VTT,
Today I got a few item to share that are a little different, and no I didn't empty the first on..hiccup,,...though after paying my taxes today I probably needed it....
I bought this cute little decanter back in the Addiction days...giggle...BB, bought his first home when he was 21 years old and single, so I helped him decorate it really manly like. We went to a flea market and his first items was a charcoal of Charlie Chapman. And 3 more pictures done in pencil, one of Albert and Costello, The 3 Stooges, and another one of Charlie Chapman,.
In his kitchen was a shelf around the top of the cabinets so he started collecting whiskey decanters, This is called the Gambler, it is stamped on the bottom...Original Lionstone Sculptured Porcelain 1969.

Well he wound up using all chess piece decanters, so I kept this one for myself...he has collected just about the whole chess set, when he married and they bought a bigger house and she changed the decor style, all of his pictures and collections went to the game oom and computer room.
This little teapot was also bought from Ebay for his collection so I kept it also.... hey what can I say? He gave me a good excuse to buy on Ebay...lol...It is a Omnibus by Fitz and Floyd.


I think it is so cute, it sits with the rest of my teapots.
Next I have another item that I rescued from the city dump, when DH's Aunt passed and her Family said to threw them in the garbage. It is a very large, pretty delicate blue swan bowl....


How could anyone just say, threw this in the garbage?...
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY VINTAGE THINGIES! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! FOR MORE WONDERFUL VINTAGE THINGIES VISIT COLORADO LADY

21 comments:

  1. Hi Molly.. I loved your post. I think my favorite item was the rescued one. That swan bowl is just beautiful. I could never have thrown that away. Happy VTT and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,

    That is an awesome collection! I remember my grandmother having a very simliiar piece to your swan bowl you rescued! Can you believe someone would throw that away?

    Have a great rest of the week! :)
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lily vase made very much like your swan
    bowl, someone once said it was Italian glass.
    Great rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure are quaint and unusual :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all, but that handsome gambler is sure adorable! He looks like he's hiding an ace in his pocket, never know when you might need an extra ace...LOL...well if he's got an ace on him I can guarantee he's got a knife in his boot, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "Maverick" decanter! and the teapot is great (tea and tennis, who could ask for more!)

    The glass swan is so beautiful and delicate-so glad you were able to save it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unusual items - so neat to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure love all your vintage thigies, Molly. Soooooo unusual and I love unusual items....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go for saving that swan. I remember these from my childhood, I seem to think my grandmother had one, but I am not for sure. It certainly did not need to be thrown away...way to go! Very interesting post today, I loved the Maverick decanter. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, nothing needs to be thrown away--drop it off at a donation center or something. Nice save! The teapot is cute and I think decanters are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that gambler...what a fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a fast note Molly ... not supposed to be on computer for 3 days .... eyestrain and headache? Dopey Docs!
    Talk Sunday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the swan, too. I seem to remember seeing them when I was younger. I would definitely dive in a dumpster for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG such kitsch! I have never seen such a teapot, the headless tennis player, how funny!
    Happy VTT, have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  15. what cute things you have!
    blessings to all
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old whiskey decanters are a hot commodity at auctions. That tea pot is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen a clear swan, wonder who has that? But your blue is so pretty. The decanter and teapot are neat. Thanks, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would definitely rescue that from the garbage too. What's wrong with people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. TOO CUTE, and I have no idea how people can throw away some of the things they do, makes you wonder doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are so cool, love the last one, how can anyone throw stuff away like that?

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..