Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Blue Monday

It's time again for Blue Monday over at Smiling Sally's. Can't wait to see all the pretty blue items that our friends have to show.
This week for blue Monday I am having to post early as I will be headed to Dr bright and early in the morning. I will try to catch up and visit the post when I get home
This week as I looked for something blue to show, DH was looking over my shoulder and as I picked out the pictures, he kinda walked away and when he came back, he said, "do you realize most of your little figurines and what-nots are of small children", he had walked around the house and checked it out before saying anything. I had to stop and think, you know he is right...Oh, I do have a few other thing in the dishes and teapots, and his small collection of mules and deer and my chickens in the kitchen, but I seem to be drawn to little ones. After thinking about it for awhile, I wonder if maybe because Dean and I had to take a roll in Nurturing our little Sister and being her care giver and her protector, at an early age....that I am touch by small ones more. To me there is nothing more precious than the sweet face of an innocent child and I just want to protect them. I feel like they are God's promise for a new generation.
Anyhow here are a few of my what nots and plates....
The first item is a tray DH made and I painted in 1992, and I use it to eat supper in front of the TV, I know not good but we do. It shows a Granny Doctoring 5 little ones who it seems ate too many green apples. I laught every time I look at their faces cause I have been there before but with Quinces off the old tree behind the old farm house
Next is the matching plate to the one I had a couple of weeks ago on pink Sat. It is called Almost Home and it is just adorable. The little boy has on blue overalls. And his cute little puppy in a pack on his back

This plate hangs in the collection of other plates and it's called "Windy" I love the little blond headed girl. Mo-Mo thinks it's her...lol...
This is one of my favorite figurines and is one of many I have from Home Interior, I will show more later on pink Sat. since most are pink.
Last today I wanted to show you my baby boy and tell you his story...lol...About 4 yrs ago, DH and I went to the longest Yard Sale and invited his DSIL and an older Cousin to go with us....big mistake...lol...not on the SIL's part but the older cousin..lol.. but, that's another story I'll have to tell later.
We drove straight thur to north Kentucky and started the trip back south, after 4 days of shopping till we were ready to drop and DH had stood being the only man with 3 women, as long as he could. We reach The TN/AL line and decided we had done enough we were going to drive straight home. Well half way between TN and Ms we passed a large area of tents about 5:30 that evening and we decided to stop and look around, just one last stop, anyway, they were trying to close up and pack up to go home, DSIL and I found a booth selling handmade dolls. We saw this like boy at the same time , but it was just tooo expensive so I went off looking for more bargins. SIL came to car with the doll in a bag, she'd talked the lady down to $15.00 from $100.00 it seems she was trying to get rid of some stuff before heading back to Ohio the next morning..well drat. Anyhow I didn't think any more about it, SIL had a little GD I thought it was for her. This was in Aug. Christmas morning there was an extra package under the tree for me from SIL. It was my beautiful baby boy and that is what I named him...Baby Boy.
Well this is my offering for today, I hope you enjoyed them.
For more Blue Monday Posts please visit Smiling Sally by clicking here.

19 comments:

  1. Lots of cute blue, and I think my favorite is that tray! Neat that your husband made it and you painted it! Best of luck at the doctor's!

    Happy Blue Monday....

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all yer bloggie friends will be wondering on Monday, did she get to the dr. or DRAT HIM did he try another cancellation...HE BETTER NOT...

    I like all of yer blue things, of course I am partial to your painting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that doll!!

    If you have not been by to sign up for my giveaway, come on over.
    Drawing April 15th

    Blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us know if you get in to see the doc this time! Prayin you do! Love that doll, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly ,my favourite is the tray ...even if it's hard decison ...I love them all.
    God work.!
    simona

    ReplyDelete
  6. We eat in front of the TV too; I think that's become the American way. LOL I like your story of SIL and baby boy. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly, your blue things are soooo sweet. Loved seeing them.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly, I SO adore those plates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Molly,
    I like your plates. Happy blue monday!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blues, and such great stories to go with them. Glad you got your Baby Boy.

    Tabbikat's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I specially love the tray you and your husband painted and the little one with his puppy. I hope your trip to Dr. turns out with the best of good news. Happy Blue Monday and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blues! What a sweet story about Baby Blue. Your SIL is definitely a keeper. How nice was that of her to buy this beautiful doll for you.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Posted my comment as I listened to Fats Domino. Must get one for my blog. Everything was beautiful. My favorite would be Baby Boy and I'm not a 'real' doll person. Happy blue monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your blues! Sweet! Happy Blue Monday!
    Hugs,
    Sheri~~Prim Rose Hill Studio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that painted tray.

    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is especially nice - but, of course, the baby boy is my favorite. Happy Blue Monday!
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the baby boy,your plates and WE are guilty of eating in front of the TV too.....Happy Blue Monday...hope all was well at the Dr.s office!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Baby Boy best .... because of the story that goes with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love your blues! Thanks!
    Happy Blue Monday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..