Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Saturday, April 25, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude...award...

Rhonda of Down Memory Lane @ http://rhondas3boys.blogspot.com/ has honored me with an award. I want to thank her for this sweet honor.

When life gives you lemons....make lemonade!
This is the "An Attitude of Gratitude” award for showing a grateful attitude within my posts. Since it's a gratitude award I would like to tell you what I am Grateful for:
I am grateful....For my Mom, she had a very hard life, life gave her lemons at every turn. I could write a book about her suffering and heart aches from birth to the grave at age 55.. But she very seldom pitied herself, she always said, "all I have to do is look around and will see people in worse shape than me". When my little sister was born, with a mind of a 6 mos old, she didn't cry and scream "why me Lord" why am I being punished, she said "Thank you Lord for entrusting me with your Angel to care for". Even when she was left alone by an abusive husband and had to work 12-16 hrs a day to support us little ones she always smiled and made the best of it. God gave her a kind heart and attitude of Gratitude
I am grateful... for my DH who is always there for me,
for my Dear Lord who always sees me through the rough times as well as the good.
For my dearest friend and Sis who is always here for me, we have shared so much together.....
For how fine my boys have turned out...lol...there were times as teenagers I was doubtful they would make it. Mostly they were lucky to survive ME...lol...
I have not been blessed with money wealth but with a forgiving heart. My DH says sometimes I'm too gullible, maybe I am, but we all have to answer for our sins. If I refuse to help someone in need then I will have to answer on Judgement day, if someone takes advantage of my help, then they will answer for it, not me. And what good does it do to carry hate in your heart, you just let the person you hate win, they couldn't care less how you feel, they go on everyday while your hate destroys you.
I am so grateful to Rhonda for this award. And will be sending it to other ladies that I think deserve it but it is so hard to choose among all of my great friends. I believe everyone on my followers list are worthy.
Molly

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Molly! I don't know yo very well yet, but I know already that you deserve this award.

    I am like you, everyone has always told me I'm too forgiving. I don't accept that. The Bible tells me that, if I don't forgive those who have wronged me, then God won't forgive me. I never want to be in a place of inacceptablitity to the Lord; especially when I know how to keep from it.

    God bless you and have a great Sunday!

    Many hugs.......

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award. This is one of my favorite sayings, and I loved it when I got this award too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award, Molly!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..