Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF






It's finally Friday and my house is spotless. Floors mopped & waxed, all the furniture dusted and polished ***dust bunnies where running for their lives***and I do believe there were several generations of bunnies under my bed***grin***what-nots and pictures dusted, cabinets and closets cleaned. All the discards packed and delivered to Good Will and junk sent to the dump. Clothes washed and put away..till next week...I feel so good...tired...but good.
I have to wonder, how do we accumulate so much stuff. I'm sure that this time next year when I take my Christmas decorations down, I'll be doing the same thing, saying where did I get all of this stuff, that's the nature of a collector who is also a neat freak.
I am hoping to get back in my studio and start working on some new stuff next week. I have decided to move into a new direction in my art work. I am going to try my hand at a little quilting using my paints. A mix of paint and material.
I am not much of a quilter, but I am willing to learn. I always liked for things to come together in a hurry, but I have found with quilting it is slow and time comsuming job, I need to learn to relax and slow down. I love to sew and I have tried a time or 2 to learn how to quilt, but raising a family of 3 boys and working full time kept me from really getting into it. Now that it is just DH and I....and I am retired..... I hope to have the time I need to really give it a go.
I have always loved the vintage redwork and last night I ran across these quilt blocks on line and ordered them, can't wait to get them and see what I can make from them.....We will see. I will keep everyone updated. If anyone has any suggestions to help me along it would be most appricated.
Well tonight is going to be a real treat, my 7 yr old Granddaughter called Monday night and wanted to know if she could come to my house Fri after school and spend the night...I was tickled to death always happy when they want to come to Granny's house. She said that her G-Momma had given her a guitar for Christmas and she wants her PawPaw, who has several guitars and plays quite well, to help her tune it and teach her to play...lol...oh my..it is going to be a fun night. I will most certainly have my camera rolling. Will let y'all know how it turns out.
OK, I need to get up and fix some breakfast and get dressed my Sister and best friend Dean is coming over and we are going...drum roll please....TA DA....junkin' yep, I said junkin..well after all I did get rid of a lot of stuff, now I have room for more.****got to have something to fuss about next year...LOL...
Hope you all have a great day and please stay warm and safe, this cold weather is even flowing down to South MS. It was 13 degrees when I got up. Shivering in my seat. I live in MS cause I love the warm weather...gheez this just isn't right...lol....Bye Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little sweet memories whispered..