Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hummm, the Red Hen said who will help me eat my bread.....

Last week I gave y'all the recipe for making homemade sour dough bread...Well today I finally got mine made, have been patiently...counting the days till time to bake. And hummm did my kitchen smell wonderful.
I did try the Cheese and hot pepper...my Dear Hubby just loves hot stuff....the hotter the better, sooo I used Scotch Bonnet peppers, anyone who knows their peppers knows these are HOT...fire hot, and it turned out fantastic...or that is what he said, I don't eat hot stuff, love myself too much to cause myself unnessesary pain...:-)
Bread raising before baking...already looks good. Into the oven for 35 mins. My kitchen smelled fine all evening. Nothing smells better than fresh bread baking.....except maybe gingerbread cookies...yummmmm, but that's for another day....

Fresh from the oven...DH has already eaten 1/2 of his loaf. Next time instead of filling the middle with cheese I am going to try to mix in all through the bread..He made a meal out of bread and milk...suited me just find. I didn't have to cook supper...lol...so to night I started work on my wooden fruit bowl, will give y'all a play by play account when I finish it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that bread looks absolutely amazing!

    Thanks for coming by my little nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh man! Bread heaven at your house. Hubby is a lucky, lucky man.
    Love the pic of ChiChi!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..