Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Thursday, January 08, 2009

The making of Morgan Caroline

NEW DOLL IN THE MAKING
Last year I decided to try my hand at making dolls again, I plan on giving a blow by blow in pictures as I progress on it, so here's the step by step process as I did it and it is now finished, I haven't made a doll since the early 80. Hope you enjoy following along on this journey with me. I had purchased the doll body from Marie At MamawCreations, so all I had to do was stuff it and go from there. Sure saved alot of time cutting and sewing. Check out her great shop full of patterns, doll bodies and dolls already maded. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5235568
First I sewed the body and stuffed it. Then I painted on her cute little face....she looks deformed...lol...


















Step 2; I stuffed then added the arms and legs I also painted the legs blue stripped and the shoes black ahhh, she's starting to come together....
step 3, make dress out of my material of choose


Step 4, I added hair I used blond yarn and a large needle and sewed the hair in by adding one row of yarn over the top seam, and then made her ponytails.


last step is to make her apron and there you have Morgan Caroline


She is now in the home of my Granddaughter Morgan Caroline...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little sweet memories whispered..