Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lazy Sunday and redwork

This evening, I started getting some of the items I want to start working on ready, doing the dreaded prep work...I am going to do the Napkins I found the other day with a Sunbonnet pattern in redware, I am thinking about using the squares as part of a quilt top...and I going to try to figure out how to leave the scolloped edges showing. I used a pattern by Aunt Martha's.



Next I took 5 flour sack dish towels a friend sent me and added my favorite design from Aunt Martha's ...Barn Yard Happenings, with Chickens, I am thinging about also doing them in redwork, the towels are a little thin to try tp paint on...we'll see, I wake up in a new world everyday...lol I need to find 2 more dish rags so I can finish out the days of the week



I also ironed a pattern on a white apron I bought at Wal-Mart, but I believe this one will be painted... the design is on the large pocket across the front.

And my goodness I was busier this evening than I thought I was, I recieved 2 doll bodies I'd ordered from Mamaws Creation off Esty. I left one natural and the other I soaked in boiled tea and cininmon and then baked it, I also got their faces painted...Was out of poly fill or I'd probably stuffed them.

Goodness no wonder I was tired and had to take a nap this evening...WONDER how long it is going to take me to do all of this, I haven embroideried in years.
On top of this I am working on a chair that belonged to my MIL, I am painting it black, giving it the worn look and painting a pattern on the seat and back.
Will be sure and show you when I get through.
Now I'm tired again just thinking about all the prep work.

2 comments:

Little sweet memories whispered..