Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, June 22, 2009

A Journey home......

Sat I went with my DIL and GD to a blueberry farm in Puckett, MS. This is about a 40 minute drive from their home in Richand and about an hour and 45 min. drive from my home.......
When we left the farm we pasted through some beautiful country, the sun was bright and skies clear, even though it was hot, we had AC and the trip was very relaxing.... first we passed a large chicken farm....
On the side of the road in this beautiful area was this clean, freshly painted Baptist Church, there is just something about a small wooden Country Church that makes my heart just melt....
We passed a small park with a lake and just look at all of the Geese and there are a few ducks mixed in there...that where waiting to get some bread crumbs from the folks brave enough to bear the heat, it was so beautiful and relaxing even in the heat.
I tell you they were everywhere, what a beautiful drive we had...
Then we stopped in Brandon to visit a lady that Rissa's Mom works with to see the 3 new babies...Rissa just fell in love...
They are less than a month old and are just so adorable...
Rissa and her Mom are very much a like in alot of ways and both just love cats,
The little one on the left was trying to nurse on Rissa's leg...lol..Rissa said that it tickled...
They are so cute...but we have to keep moving got a lot to do and along way to go. We made it to Richland and I dropped them off I headed back north to Madison...a 25 minute drive to take BB and His Lady their blueberries and visit my Granddogs before heading to Brookhaven....
Heading north, the tower in the distance on the left is a cellphone tower in Ridgeland, just out side of Madison....Madison is a very up class city, the Mayor of the city passed a law that there could be no power lines, cellphone towers or large signs in sight in her town.......Even Wal-Mart had to build to a certain standard to be allowed to build there, even the service stations have to have a special look. It is hard to find stores or business because they have to use small unobtrusive signs.
This is the entrance of BB subdivision, I tried to get pictures of some of the building and stores in Madison, but the traffic was moving to fast....
Ahhh, there his house is, just up the street almost there....I love that big Bradford Pear in the corner of his yard with the bench sitting under it....
Here I am at the front door, left camera in car..I had my hands full with Blueberries and cantaloupes. Stayed a little while, but I have been gone since Thurs and this is Sat and I'm ready to go home, I've got an hr and 45 min. drive........
So I kissed BB and headed south...see there is the tower again up ahead...
I'm going through down town Jackson, the streets are quite today because they are having Jubilee Jam and everyone is in the misting tents trying to cool off, it is now 2:30 Pm and 98 degrees....
On my left is the famous Hal and Mal's, this is were they hold the party after the St. Patty's Day Parade, the Sweet Potato Queen rules over her subjects here...
I'm not sure what this building is, but I have been watching them renovating it for awhile and really like what they have done to it....
Right up the road I hit a detour on I-55 south, as usual they are working on the roads...I don't think they ever finish, so I had to put my camera up and drive...I'm headed home and ready to be there.....but I did make on stop on I-55 south at Elton Rd Flea Market...will show you my great fines in another post. But now, I'm going to do what I did Sat when I got home...I'm going to bed....
Hope you enjoyed your little ride along with me...

5 comments:

  1. LOL...thanks, but I know, the little woods ducks and ring necks where by the garbage can and by the people feeding them, I just was speaking in general...my DH corrected me also.
    So I changed it.
    I love that little Church too.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me along on your journey. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very familiar with that journey. I'm from MS too. Found you through Tootsie Time.

    Enjoyed the photos and your story. Glad to find another MS blogger.

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed this story with pics .... i feel like I've been there now :)

    Nice way to visit with you Molly.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..