Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Sunday, June 28, 2009

HEAVEN'S PRISONERS (Dave Robicheaux Mysteries)

I know I've mentioned several times that I'm not much of a reader, just can't sit still long enough. If I'm not doing something in the house or yard, I rather spend my time painting or chatting with my friends on the internet.
But, since it's been so hot and I had rather stay inside, I have decided to read a few books that I've had on my list for several years, ...lol...as a matter of fact since 1998...almost 11 yrs.
It all started in 1998 when I saw a movie starring Alex Baldwin featuring Cajun detective Dave Robicheaux . Called Heaven's Prisoners
I enjoyed the movie and the setting so much that I Googled the Author and found this Clip about the book....The Cajun hero of The Neon Rain returns in a very intense and atmospheric, if not obsessive, story of personal revenge. Former homicide cop Dave Robicheaux, now proprietor of a bait and boat rental business on the Louisiana bayou, rescues a terrified illegal immigrant girl from a small plane that crashes into the Gulf..............
Oh, mercy there are more like this one, well I had to order the book and I'm here to tell you I have never seen a movie so true to the book. Well they did clean up some of the language. There are a few offensive words. As I said it is true to the New Orleans underworld style.
The Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel wrote about Black Cherry Blues "A dark novel of the bayou from a Master storyteller.
I was hooked, on the stories and the allure of the bayou, so off I went to check out more Dave Robicheaux books and was not disappointed.
Books read are
1. Heaven's Prisoners
2. Black Cherry Blues
3. The Neon Rain,
Plan to read
1Purple Cane Road
2. Pegasus Descending
3.Burning Angels
4. Swan Peaks
5.The Tin Roof Blowdown...this is the last of a 16 book series. And it is set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina...
If you love the culture, the mystery and the allure of the French Quarters and the Bayou, plus a good detective mystery you will love these books.....
You can read more about all of Burkes books in this series here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little sweet memories whispered..