Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finding Beauty Friday

Today I am joining Claudia's "Friday Finding Beauty" event on Dipity Road. Today all the participating blogs can post whatever they like on their blog that touched them in some way and made them feel, see, or appreciate a moment of beauty in their lives.
Beauty comes in all sizes, shapes and forms. Some you can see and touch, others you can only feel in your heart I believe you can find beauty in everything if you look hard enough.
The beauty I'd like to share this week is a special find that shows up every year around this time. I love
walking out one morning and there they are in all their glory....It's what I've always called the Mystery Lily,  Their scienific name is  Lycoris radiata (red spider lily) is a plant in the amaryllis family, Amaryllidaceae.

The red spider lily has many aliases; they are Spider Lily, Naked Lily, and Mystery Lily.  It will bloom in late summer and be around 24–28 inches (60–70 cm) tall.  The leaves remain green all winter long and at the first hint of warm weather the following spring, they will die. The Lycoris radiata is a perennial plant.
You can find out more about them here...

 Hope you all have a wonderful week end...

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen a flower like that before it is gorgeous!
    I think there is alot that just does not grow in Idaho :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower sure is pretty! I love how the flowers create its own bouquet!

    I joined Finding Beauty, too... my post is now up HERE. Happy weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Spider Lilies, and your pictures are breathtaking, Molly. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how they just appear like they do. Beautiful pics Molly. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine are starting to shoot up too Molly. I luv our little southern friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, MOLLY! How I've missed those, and how exquisite are your photos of them.

    And I come back and back, just to drink in the absolutely gorgeous hibiscus on your header---I almost asked last week if I could use it in a post, for it reminded me of my Aunt Billie's High Biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living here in Ontario Canada, I have never seen this type of Lily. They are beautiful Molly, really stunning. I see you love your flowers.
    Only in the South. Lucky you.
    Happy FFB
    Love Claudie
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen these before. They are just beautiful! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..