Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9-11-2001 Where were you when the world Stopped turning


I will never forget that morning, I was recovering from knee surgery, just sitting in my recliner watching TV. I was just frozen in time..totally speechless, all I could do was sit and watch and cry.
First I thanked God my middle boy had just come home that Sat from Washington DC. Then I prayer for the souls that were lost and the speedy recovery of the injuried and the healing of our country.
Ronnie came to the house to visit after taking Keifer man to school and walked in while it was on the News, he too was just frozen in disbelief. He had been working right near the Pentagon...it was a sad day in the lives of the American People.
GOD BLESS AMERICA

6 comments:

  1. Oh Molly..I hope we never as a country forget those first moments... I was sitting in an examining room waiting for my doctor. Steven called me on my phone and told me what he had heard on the radio. I was in shock, sitting alone in that room just waiting for more news. No one in the doctor's office had heard anything either. Nothing has ever been the same from that moment, has it. May God bless all of the families and friends of those that perished that day and those injured.
    Hugs,
    Lynn♥

    ~Let FREEDOM Ring!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll always remember that moment, the snap of an eyelash, the quick transition between the THEN and the NOW, in which we all changed somehow.

    Thank you for posting the song, and for all your wonderful, spiritual, patriotic posts.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song never fails to give me chills. Such a terrible day for our country. Truly, we will never forget...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at home, in the kitchen, I think. Not sure why I even had the TV on, because I normally don't turn it on in the morning. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that song on my blog too - I think you have to remember what you were doing when you heard this - this was one of the worst days of our lives. Thank you. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that morning well. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..