Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Simple Pleasure Thursday

Project Simple Pleasures2

I'm joining Simple pleasures again over at A Collection of this and that...Click on picture above to join or check us out.
Tuesday my Sister and I went to the Spring Pilgrimage in Natchez..Natchez is located on the Mississippi River and was first settled by the French in 1700's. You can learn more about this beautiful old town by clicking here
We were able to tour 2 beautiful homes..... The Elgin ca. 1792, and the Green Leaves ca.1832. The slide show is of pictures I made at Elgin, the home's owner, Mrs. William Calhoun the lady standing on the front porch, graciously allowed me to take pictures inside and out. I was not allowed to take pictures inside the Green Leaves but did get some out side the home, they are not in this video..I will be showing them on a later post.
I am so happy that so many of the older families kept their homes and have allowed us to walk back in time. Elgin was so beautiful, it is surround by 25 acres of informal gradens covered in blooming Azelias, camilias, wistera and many other scrubs that were in bloom, the air was filled with heavenly smells, the wind was blowing, the birds were singing and there was no traffic sounds at all. It was like stepping back in time. Hope you enjoy.
I know I did, It made me proud that I was born and raised in Dixie.
And that is my Simple Pleasure for today, the simple pleasure of being able to relive the days of the Beautiful simple life.....

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own digital slideshow

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful place and pictures ...great pleasure I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful - truly a simple pleasure. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure seeing Elgin through your lens, Molly. You captured some wonderful shots. I enjoyed the music, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Mississippi native, I loved, loved this post! Natchez is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..