Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, March 14, 2011

Blue Monday and Marco Monday..Spring in the South

Today I am combining 2 of my favorite meme's Blue Monday over at Smiling Sally's and Marco Monday at Lisa's Chaos...

I know that part of our country is still having snow and cold weather, but it is so beautiful down here in the South right now and I am enjoying every minute of it. Yes we do have some beautiful weather, warm sunshine, slight breeze, air filled with the smell of so many different fragrences, from the fresh mowed grass to the Sweet olive trees, BUT it will turn summer before you know it. That is the curse of the deep south 3 week Springs, 3-4 week winters and the rest hot steamy Summers. Oh how I love the South...lol..
Guess you are saying what does this have to do with Blue Monday or Marco Monday...I'd say everything..during our Spring the flowers really strut their stuff. And with out God's clear blue sky they wouldn't look as beautiful..hope you enjoy some of my flowers I snapped this week.
My Peach tree in full bloom
I love this shot from the bottom up see how beautiful the blue sky is as a back drop for all of these little beauties?
Even the Azelias are started to bloom out, now Dear friends, when that happens is when the beauty of the South really shines through, it is an amazing sight. I will try to post pictures of the area and I know Janie is wating for that also. Even the bubble bees celebrate.
Well I know y'all are getting tired of my flower and bird pictures and I wanted to let you know in the near future my Sis and I will again be traveling to the Natchez Pilgrimage (check it out) and I will be posting about it when we get back...
Hope you enjoyed just a few of my beautiful Spring marco shots. Just wanted to share some of the Marco beauty of the south.

16 comments:

  1. I agree; the weather is perfect now. Aren't we lucky?

    Happy Blue Monday, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see things blooming right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is pretty cool. Here in MI we are still below freezing 26F the sun is out and hope to see new plants ready to show their beauty. Thanks for sharing your photo!
    Macro Monday
    Blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is heartwarming to see these gorgeous blossoms. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what beautiful pictures. I'd say you are lucky to have Spring so early. Happy Blue Monday.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip but I could never get tired of seeing beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures of the flowers and that it means spring! Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...the blossoms are so gorgeous!!! I do appreciate an early view as ours will be held safely in their buds for at least another month if not longer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blooms. Great photography. Wish it were warm enough her to have blooms!!! ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many lovely blossoms - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Molly, Your flowers and blue skies are beautiful. I would never get tired of seeing these lovely photos.
    Happy Blur Monday.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOPS, 'Blue' Monday. No typos allowed.
    Smile, Jeanne, again

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful! Although I love Colorado, it's nice to see warmer climates once we get to this time of year - we've still got 2 months of snow to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your macro shots, Molly, especially the ones of your peach tree blossoms against the blue sky. They're simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful set of photos. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..