I love this kind of weather. Hot, but not too hot..warm enough to go to the creek and swim, but not so hot that the cement ponds are hotter than the bath tub water.
DH has been in the garden all morning picking string beans, okra and tomatoes...I've put up about 10 qts of my spaghetti sauce and canned 20 qt jars of tomatoes, so I think I'm going to make my DH's favorite treat with some of these tomatoes, before giving the rest to my Sweet DIL's Mom.
DH loves HOT salsas and I have a great recipe just for him, I made some last week and he ate it all in 2 days.....girls I make this, set a bowl of chips in front of him and I don't have to cook supper, you've heard you can make a meal out of it, well he can...I don't eat it, can't take the heat...I know, I know and I call myself a LA girl...lol...
I thought I would share the recipe with you my friends...if you can handle the heat...
I don't have a picture cause I've got to go to the store this evening and get some more cilantro
Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 3-6 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white onion....(DH wants me to try this batch with 1/2 cup green onions)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper(I like to use red or yellow, doesn't affect the taste just makes it prettier)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3-4 chopped hot peppers...it calls for habinaros, but I use what ever I have (be sure and take the seeds out or it will really be hot) you can adjust pepper to your taste. When I use Scotch Bonnets I cut them down to 2 only....
- 1/2 lime, use fresh squeezed juice.
- salt to taste
I usually rough chop it all and them put it in a food chopper on pulse and blend it good...do not over do it or you'll just have liquid...you want it mixed good but still small chunks. It will be liquidy...(Is that a word?)
I sure wish I could can this but without vinegar in it I'm afraid it wouldn't can to well, specially since you don't cook it.
I hope you try this and enjoy it.