Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, July 06, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...It is cool for the first time in 32 days, the beautiful life giving liquid that we have been praying for is slowing and steadily falling down. It is dark and overcast. How beautiful it is.

I am thinking...How beautiful everything looks outside, even my little flowers are standing tall with their little faces turned toward Heaven. Thanking God for this gift.
I am also thinking what a great time we had at BB over the 4th week-end. Also how much I enjoyed Rissa being here the last 4 weeks really going to miss her now that she’s in TN with her Nanna.

I am thankful …..for the rain we are getting and for the fresh veggies from the garden that will now, with this fresh rain, start to make again. That the heat wave we have been under is broken, if only for today.
I am thankful also that when BB’s AC unit went out Sat. the Company had a man on call to come fix it…it was so hot 100 degrees and sun beating down.
And for the "just us" time I got to spend with Rissa this summer.

From the kitchen...for breakfast it’s hot coffee, sliced cantaloupe, banana and blueberries salad, fresh squeezed orange juice.
For super fresh purple hull Crowder peas from my garden and pork tenderloin marinated in Citrus juice. With boiled new potatoes, cornbread and my new favorite drink, green tea.

I am wearing…blue shorts and white T.

I am going…to can more refrigerator pickles and make some salsa today from our cucumbers and tomatoes. We have a few that have survived with everyday watering, but now they will really start filling out; a good rain always help. .

I am creating...not much this week, will be picking veggies from the garden and freezing them. I guess you could say, I’m creating food for a rainy winters day…

I am reading...A great book of poems Patricia Neely Dorsey's Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia-A Life in Poems . It is very enjoyable. So very beautiful written, and so true to the Mississippi I know and knew when I was growing up.

I am hearing...outside my window soft rain fall, a happy frog croaking for more rain, it hanging from my window screen and singing quite loudly, I love that sound, have since I was a child.
Not much else is stirring. Levi is playing in the rain…lol..silly Lab..

Around the house...Everything is so clean smelling outside, amazing how God’s life giving liquid can take a world that is dry, dusty and withered and give it new fresh and bright life again.
It is also very quit without my little girl here. How I miss her already.

One of my favorite things...is the early morning quite time. With the rain slowly drizzling down.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday…can pickles and enjoy the rain…DID I MENTION WE FINALLY GOT SOME RAIN….if I didn’t we got some rain last night…so yes, I’m happy …wooo-hooo.
Tuesday…do a little straighten up and hopefully have enough peas to pick and can
Weds….play it by ear, hopefully my Cousin from Louisiana is coming down to let me take him to our Granddaddy Barlow’s grave, he’s never been there and wants to see it before he’s too old to travel, he had a major heart attack last year and nearly died and started thinking about the past.
Thurs…Get my hair done, And hopefully be able to catch up with Montee and go junkin’
Fri. play it by ear
Sat. Play it by ear
Sunday …go to Church
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Scene from my back door this morning...... liquid sunshine...Thank you Lord...

7 comments:

  1. You view is delightful! You have plenty of green to enjoy. I'm glad you've got some wet pouring down, but that AC going out! Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marjorie,

    I don't think I have ever been here before..so it is so nice to meet you!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know about Patricia's book! I love it too! It really is about life in the South! And, I think she hit the nail on the head with this book of poems!
    Please come back often! It was a pleasure to have you! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've gotten a good soak! It doesn't rain here from April til October but I do remember summer rains and how they cleaned the air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are due to have more rain soon... Last week it was only 60 degrees, but is warming up THIS week! It's a gorgeous day today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got some rain. I love the rain, myself and love to watch it and the fresh smell it bring! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain is so rare here. I do appreciate it when it comes down.

    I bet you sure do miss your granddaughter! But maybe you'll get some time to paint more now? (hint)

    Hope yr cousin makes it over. I like going to the gravesites and prettying them up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! I love bananas with blueberries--one of my favorite snacks of summer. I thought I would come over to tell you how you brightened up my day--I laughed so hard about your comment on my Myrtle post today. Ahhh, memories. I haven't had to be cut out of mine, as Myrtle is a little more forgiving and I don't think she would try to suffocate me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..