Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Favorite Re-runs bathroom make over

It's time again for Sunday Favorite Re-runs, a new Meme hosted by Chari over @ happytodesign http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/ It is so much fun to go back and re-run some of my favorite post.


It's time for a swim and a nice cool drink...of coke that is...hehehehe....

I have been outside fertilizing my flowers and boy is it hot in Mississippi.....it is already 92 degrees at 9:00 AM. Even Levi and Chi-Chi wanted a turn under the hose...lol...
OK, I'm just about through with my bath...fellow called this morning and wanted to come Fri to put flooring down, but since I will be in Jackson, he said he'd be here Tues....Hip..hip..hoo-ray... So the pictures I'm going to show are without the new flooring and I still need a few more items for the wall but am in no hurry till I find what I want.....OK...are you ready......here we go, not much change but I love it....
Remember thisIt now looks like this, of course the clothes are usually in there...lol....
This shelf and wall
Now looks like this we thought the mirror looked good and helped high-light the nick-naks on the shelf
And these old medicine cabinets DH made 30 yrs ago

Now looks like this, got rid of the mismatched knobs..had bird house border up at one time and it all matched years ago.

I loved the wrought iron and linen together and with the sage it's perfect (to me)

The color on the wall below is the closest to the real color I could got most pictures look either to blue or too silvery. But it is a pretty soft sage green.
This is full view of bathroom before I started
Full view now.....
work in progress closet door and corner wall....

Well that's it, how you like it. I love it, pictures don't do it justice. I still can't wait for flooring and a few other odds and ends.......

9 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job on this room. I really like the laundry sorter. It might even make me want to do laundry....nah. Don't think so.
    The white paint is a perfect choice. Completely changes the whole look and style of the wood pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! I like the iron and linen together too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly your bathroom is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree. You must be delighted with this room. Have a very nice week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out lovely. I really like your "make over" of the existing pieces you had.

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Molly...

    So very nice to see you for Sunday Favorites again this week, my friend! What a fabulous post...so happy that you chose it to reshare with all of us...I missed it the first time around!

    WOW!!! This is one magnificent transformation, Girlfriend!!! It doesn't even look like the same bath! I just love that beautiful soft shade of sage green that you used on the walls...one of my favorite colors! And I love how the crisp white looks with it...very fresh!!! Just what you hope for in a bath...right? Hehe! I love, love, LOVE your wood laundry cabinet...wherever did you find that? It turned out beautifully!!! Love the redo on the shelf and what a great idea to place a mirror behind it...you're right...it showcases all your pretties perfectly!!! But I must tell you that my very favorite of all the transformations...are those sweet medicine cabinets that your honey made years ago!!! They look absolutely fabulous in their new white dress...they're great and I love how they look above the vanity!!! Great job, my friend!!! Can't wait to see your new floor!!! Please let me know when you post about it...wouldn't want to miss it!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome!!!! I love the wrought iron too!

    I'd also love to know where oh where did you find that amazing laundry cabinet!!!!


    And how talented you DH is! Those cabinets look store bought! Great re-do!!!!

    Blessings & aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That white sure makes it brighter. I like it.
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..