Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I'm joining in on Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ramblings and Photos again this week..the prompts this week are..
1. Texture (current Mortal Muses' prompt)
2. Fog (Exploring with a Camera prompt - linky open starting February 2nd.)
3. Button (PieniLintu's suggestion)
4. Beverage or Drink (PieniLintu's suggestion)
5. Seventies (PieniLintu's suggestion - could be interpreted as vintage 70's image/product, a person in their 70's or 70's processing
Texture
For my texture I used a picture that I took last summer of King's Tavern in Natchez, MS and added a crinkle paper texture to make it look like a crumbled up old photo...I like the look I got...Legend has it that this old Road house, built in the mid 1700's, is haunted, I had to smile when I saw the small orb floating at the top of this picture... wonder who was watching me...:-)

Fog
I snapped this picture outside my bedroom window over looking the pasture early one morning last week, it is not unusual for us to have fog around here the way the weather changes from cold to hot, hot to cold..I thought it looked a little eerie...

Buttons
I keep this jar of old buttons in my paint/sewing room on a shelf  just in case I need a button for anything...

Beverage
My drink of choice is the diet green tea, I just love it...

 70's
I really thought about this and just kept coming up blank until my Grandson asked me how old ChiChi was, I told him 11 yrs old and he said "boy she's old, in dog years she is 77". Bingo..I knew what I was going to use. My Baby is getting on up in age. She is getting slower and sleeps longer everyday. Her hips and back were broken so bad when she was hit by the car 10 yrs ago that she can't get out of her bed in the mornings during the cooler weather and loves laying in front of her own private heater.
I hope you enjoy my interpertation of these prompts....

7 comments:

  1. Fog is gorgeous! I keep my buttons in the same exact jar ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I thought your fog shot was stunning, what a fabulous view you have from your window! I just love your interpretation of 70's, that really is thinking outside the square, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you linked up - what a great capture with the fog. Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet dog! Love your texture photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Molly,

    check into that Phycox. I get from the animal supply on the frontage road here in Jackson, but I think some vet's carry it.

    It's really been helping my old girl with her aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Your fog picture is just beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..