Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Friday, January 14, 2011

A laugh to start your day....

I recieved this e-mail from a friend this morning and couldn't help but laugh a little, but oh how true it is, especially at the time I'm at right now...lol..and just wanted to share while I wait for my breathing treatment..


HOW TRUE IT IS

Another year has passed

And we're all a little older.

Last summer felt hotter

And winter seems much colder.

I rack my brain for happy thoughts,

To put down on my pad,

But lots of things, That come to mind

Just make me kind of sad.

There was a time not long ago

When life was quite a blast.

Now I fully understand

About 'Living in the Past'.

We used to go to friends homes,

Baseball games and lunches.

Now we go to therapy, to hospitals,

And after-funeral brunches.

We used to have hangovers,

From parties that were gay.

Now we suffer body aches

And sleep the night away.

We used to go out dining,

And couldn't get our fill.

Now we ask for doggie bags,

Come home and take a pill.

We used to travel often

To places near and far.

Now we get backaches

From riding in the car.

We used to go out shopping

For new clothing at the Mall

But, now we never bother...

All the sizes are too small.

That, my friend is how life is,

And now my tale is told.

So, enjoy each day and live it up...

Before you're too damn old!!

LOL, I've always heard it said just wait till the Golden years to enjoy your life, well friends I'm here to tell you the Golden years ain't for Sissies...so enjoy your life while you live it, don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today, love your family and spend as much time going and doing with them as possible. I will never regret the times I went with my kids and my Grands even when I didn't feel like it or thought I had more important things to do, like clean that cabinet or mop the floor, it will be there tomorrow the family is not promised.
Ok enough moodiness for one day.

3 comments:

  1. Get well!

    I'm telling ya...if you ain't a wimp don't get old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're SO right, getting older is NOT for wimps! Absolutely LOVE your new header...really cool Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true !! Thanks for sharing Molly !
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..