Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Repost of how to paint snowmen glasses and making their hats

Since it's getting close to Christmas I thought I would repost a couple of Tutorials that I posted last year, I have made these several times and the receiver seems to enjoy them. To learn how to make the painted Glass Snowmen click here...
Making these little hats are so simple but they really dress up alot of different things, Baseball make-do snowmen, wine glass snowmen and light bulb snowmen ornies....
You will need

a sock...any color or texture

14" narrow ribbon of your choice. I have even used twine

scissors

These are the items you will need....


Using the scissors cut just above the heel line, making sure to cut above the heel.



This is how it should look, straight


On the end that you cut, cut into the sock in little narrow strips up to the cuff line....

lay ribbon under sock at the bottom of the little slits

                                                      And tie into a bow,



Now you've made a hat, so very very simple. But it sure does dress up our little snowmen...


5 comments:

  1. Oh Molly Sweetie...
    This is so darn cute. I love, love this craft. I have recently saw some of the cutest little holiday socks at the dollar store that would make wonderful little hats. I love the stemware, because they could be filled with a treat for the person the gift is being given to. How cute, and the lightbulbs, recyclable, love it. Baseballs, now who would have thought. That is so cute, and I flipped over and looked at your tutorial. You did an awesome job. It is so great.

    I will make sure when I do mine, I share with you sweet friend. Thank you again for the share. I am so excited to be off for the holiday and can give it a try.

    Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Who would have thought! I love it Molly! That is too easy to do! Thanks for sharing!

    Hope you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooo delightful Sweetie~~~Thank you Sweet LORD Jesus for blessing my life with my Beautiful Sister Molly these past weeks that You have blessed me in knowing her.. I pray for Your will and covering on her and her family during this Wonderous Season of You LORD and in the Seasons to come as they all do come from You Abba Father.. I'm constantly and forever THANKFUL to You LORD for Everything..
    And Father God,,May my Sweet Sister here, continue to grow and share in her daily minute by minute walk with You Jesus... I pray that in her walk with You she'll grow closer and closer to You and that the enemy will flee in Your Mighty name Jesus...Amen and Amen

    May you enjoy a Blessed Thanksgiving Sweetie and a Blessed Christmas Season in Him...THANKFULLY His blessings come in all shapes sizes and styles :0)
    Jesus is the Reason for each and every Season...

    Hugssssssssssss across the miles~~~ LOVE You Sis~~~Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Molly when I cleaned house this weekend I was very careful to clean those wonderful snowmen glasses I won from you and I thought of you (and with the nightlight). I was a lucky winner - do you remember?

    Love,sandie

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..