Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Friday, October 09, 2009

Smells like Heaven in my yard

I'm sure by now everyone knows my favorite smell is the Sweet Olive bush, well it's week's like this that I wish they had smell a pictures...my yard smells like Heaven and this is why, my orange blooming Sweet Olive is in full bloom and when I walk out side it simply takes my breath away...This bush is about 10 yrs old and I've never cut it, you can see by the truck beside it, how big it is. The little orange blooms are from top to bottom on the branches. Setting on the patio is such a pleasant right now. Both for the eyes and the nose...lol......The pear tree has already dropped it's leaves.

8 comments:

  1. Those are lovely. I have never seen Sweet Olives before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of sweet olive. Mine are not nearly as big as yours is.

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I have 3 of them and love them so much. They do smell heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly...I've never heard of a sweet olive tree. Maybe I'll see if the local nursery has one so I can see and smell this wonderful fragrance you're enjoying! Beautiful mosaic of your tree!

    God bless,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'vw never seen or heard of this bush..much less that it smelled. Enjoy it while it blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post got me to wondering what Heaven will really smell like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sweet Olives so much. My favorite smell in the world. HEAVENLY is correct!!! Many don't know the value of that little tree, since it is not one to make big or vivid blooms. But to smell it is to love it. It's also a scrappy little tree that will grow in bad conditions! Thanks so much for your post, Molly, it brings back wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful, enjoy the wonderful smells !

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..