Molly's Country Memories

Molly's Country Memories

The memories and happening in the everyday life of a country girl

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...It is a quite and peaceful Monday morning, the summer is fighting hard to stay a little longer…it is 80 degrees and sun is shining….

I am thinking ..Yes, time does ease the ache of a broken heart, but I am amazed how the hurt can still feel so strong after a year, how easy the tears still flow with just a glimpse of a picture…it is a sad today for our Family, I can’t believe it has been 1 whole year since we lost our beautiful Niece Kim, she was more of the Daughter I never had, she was our sunshine and our laughter…always laughing always happy, .. She died unexpectedly of a blood clot at age 41. Sept. 21, 2008. She left 4 beautiful girls, 19, 15, 13 and 9.

I am thankful …..for our family and the strong bond we have and how everyone rallied to help with these 4 precious little ones who are struggling to cope with the loss of a Mother and dear friend. I am thankful for her DH who is still devoted to her memory and determined to raise her girls in the Lord the way she would have wanted it done. I am thankful for her oldest Daughter who even though she was in College came home to help with her younger Sisters. She is now registered in Nursing School. Her Goal is to be a Missionary Nurse. Kim would be so proud of her…

From the kitchen...for breakfast it’s hot coffee, home made biscuits and bacon with pear jelly
Supper Home made hamburgers

I am wearing…gray Richland Baseball T-shirt ..and white shorts with black tennis socks

I am going…to paint a portrait of my sweet Kim for her Mother’s Christmas present.

I am creating...painting porcelain Christmas tree ornies for gifts for my neighbors 3 children and 2 grands. I have made each Child one since they were born and now they are grown with families of there own and they each put my ornies on a special tree in their home.

I am reading...Still The Book of Daniel, what a great and complicated book.

I am hearing...silence ….and the air unit kicking on…

Around the house...dishes need washing, clothes need washing, drying and folding, and floors need a dust mop run over them….

One of my favorite things...the smell of a cool crisp fall morning…just before the sun rises and all is still.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday…Go to Wally World, buy groceries,
Tuesday…pick Moo-Moo up from school and take her to dance…
Weds….Bible study we are studying the book of Daniel
Thurs…No real plans..
Fri. I have to go to Richland and pick my Rissa up and bring her home with me for the weekend.
Sat…spend time with my Rissa and Moo-Moo,
Sunday...Church and if the sun is shining riding around with DH enjoying the backroads of our County..
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
This is our sweet Kim, 2 years before her death. She had trouble breathing, for a couple of days, but she just pushed on, thinking it's a cold, I'm fine, but she wasn't, a blood clot went through her heart and killed her, there was no time to even get her to the hospital , we will miss her for ever.

Kim and her Mom at Lance's Wedding Shower, this was Kim, happy, laughing, no pretense just a happy girl who loved her family and life...We called her sweetie and that she was...she was the only girl between my DH and his brother's family out of 6 children....she and my Ronnie are the same age and grow up together as brother and sister, my Lance worshiped her, she was his "tweetie pie" no one could handle him like she could...when we were at family gatherings she would walk him for hours, she was 11 when he was born. Sorry to ramble on, but the ache in my heart is so strong this morning, She is so missed. And loved, Rest in Peace Sweetie, we miss you so much.
To view more Simple Woman's Day Books click here.

13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Time does eventually heal wounds.

    You have a wonderful daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatful for a Heavenly Father who brings us comfort and understands our grief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures. I'm sorry about your niece.I can tell what a caring person you are. I like your blog. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful memories you have of your dear niece, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Sounds like you will be busy this week.

    ~ Hugs and blessings to you dear friend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are sad and sorry for your loss. Her daughter is admirable for leaving college to help with her sisters. Ya'll have a very strong and loving family.

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can tell Kim was the real thing, a good-hearted, sweet and fun lady. Gone too soon; never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying that God sends you many moments of comfort today, and that you might be enveloped in the memories of your niece as you share them with us and with her children. It is my hope that I will be kept alive in my children's hearts through my siblings' stories should God call me away from them. You're doing a wonderful job of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly, my heart goes out to you and your family. Kim had a beautiful smile and I'm sure she was just as beautiful on the inside.

    I hope your day is filled with happy memories of the good times you spent with her, and may God hold her daughters especially close today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly, I'm so sorry for the loss of your family. What a beautiful and vibrant woman she was, and what a testimony of her life and the legacy she has left for her children. I pray you will have peace as you remember her today, and always.

    God bless,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Molly - How sorry I am for the loss of your happy, sweet Niece. My heart goes out to her 4 daughters.
    I think it is always harder to lose someone so young and so suddenly.
    When that happens we really learn to rely on the Lord and our one solace is to remember that we will see our loved ones again someday.
    You are such a good hearted woman. I love all the things you are working on and what you have planned for the week.
    I can tell you are someone who loves people, loves your family and is thankful for the earth.

    Have a Wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I'm visiting from Peggy's blog. You have a lovely blog. I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved niece. You posted some lovely pictures of her. She looks like she was a wonderful person. God bless you, and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly that is so sad. Bless her sweet heart she didn't have a clue she was sick. I'll be sure to keep you and the family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Molly, what sweet memories of your niece Kim. So, so young.

    It sounds like your family are a very close family and that her children have a wonderful family to lean on.

    Blessings & aloha!

    ReplyDelete

Little sweet memories whispered..